Want to get involved with DAND but not sure where to start? We would appreciate any an all help in as many areas as you are intersted in! Please contact our president at DANDPRESIDENT@GMAIL.COM to get started!
Interested in getting involved with public policy?
There are may ways that you can get involved with the public policy efforts including joining the following committees:
1) Interested in getting involved with DAND's Annual Conference? There are several ways you can help to make our annual conference a success:
- Work with DAND President to secure a versatile location, nutrition and health related vendors, and speakers.
- Develop marketing tools to promote the event.
- Network with businesses to find silent auction items.
- Volunteer your time and assistance during the conference.
2) Would you like to get involved with Public Relations and Member Communications? The following assistance is needed:
- Work with board members to develop and promote nutritional information in various social media outlets such as: DAND's website, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Brainstorm and develop ideas to help promote Dietitians: The Nutrition Experts.
- Increase DAND member communication using various outlets.
3) Interested in public policy? There are many ways that you can get involved with the public policy efforts including joining the following committees:
- DAND's public policy committee.
- State Policy Committee- focused on Legislative Day, food and nutrition policy development and implementation in Delaware.
- State Regulatory Committee- includes LDN licensure public awareness, protection, and advocacy.
- Fundraising Committee- to solicit outside support.
- Public Policy PR- be our representative to keep website and related communications on public policy up to date with current website designer.
4) Would you like to help the Reimbursement Committee?
-Are you paid what you are worth? Is your salary rate and/or reimbursement rate competitive?DAND Reimbursement Committee is focused on making sure this is happening in Delaware.
-RDNs and future RDNs looking to be sure we obtain timely and competitive reimbursement are needed to serve on the DAND Reimbursement Committee.
Contact Fran Taccone at DANDSTATEREIMBURSEMENT@GMAIL.COM.
Other coalitions we need to have members represented at regularly:
Delaware Health Care Commission
Governors Health Promotion Council
Coalition to End Hunger in Delaware
Delaware Healthy Eating Active Living Coalition
Healthy Kids Delaware Coalition (New Castle County)
Sussex County Child Health Promotion Coalition
Kent County child health promotion coalition being formed
Kids Eat Right - Need Delaware Coordinator
Let's Move! - Need Delaware Coordinator